Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bathtub Painting

Original Post: The Idea Room

Our Story:
I love doing things with the kids that are fun and create great memories!  This was a HUGE hit in our house - even though the look on my husbands face when he came home in the middle of us making it was priceless.  He is really afraid of mess, so he didn't like this at all - until he saw how much fun the kids had and how clean the bathtub got!  I just followed the recipe and made each cupcake holder a different colour.  My daughter even helped me make the paint. 



Then we took two paintbrushes (one for each kid) and they painted the bathrub.  If your kids have sensitive skin, you may want to rethink this activity because there is a LOT of soap that ends up in the water.



The Verdict:
Now we have a huge tub surround, so I didn't have to even worry about the walls.  Make sure your kids know the rules about ONLY painting on the tub/surround before you get started.  I can't guarantee anything if this stuff gets on the walls.



2 comments:

  1. HAHA, love it! The kids definitely looked like they had fun. If you are going to make a mess, the bathtub is the place to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the place to do it! You can quickly and easily clean everyone up afterwards!

    ReplyDelete