Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pantry Inventory

Original Post: Martha Stewart

Our Story:
This is something that I have been meaning to do for a long time, so I'm glad I could finally focus on it! I did the upstairs pantry first and came to the conclusion that we have WAY too many snacks in the house for the kids that are unopened.  Mostly we have baking stuff upstairs.
Then I went to the basement (pantry - not freezer - that's a WHOLE other project . . .) and came to the conclusion that if there were ever an emergency, we would be in REALLY good shape!  20 boxes of crackers?  10 boxes of cereal?  10 jars of tomoato sauce?  I feel like those couponer people who stock pile . . . but we don't use coupons - however, we do buy on sale (SOMETIMES with coupons) and then we stockpile.  But at least it's healthy stuff, right?



Verdict:
I originally wanted to hang the clipboard, just like in the picture, but I think it will be more functional for us to tape/sticky tack the pages to the inside of one of the cupboards. Now the only thing we have to do is actually CROSS THINGS OFF and ADD THINGS TO the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment