Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Hair Tie Carabiner

Original Post: Life Hacker

Our Story:
I Repeat . . .My daughter is a real girly girl.  She loves everything that can make her look "fancy".  She has bracelets, necklaces, hair ties, hair clips, head bands . . . the list is really endless.  So I need something that would keep all those things organized.  She has a box for the big things (necklaces and headbands) - CHECK!  I found a small box for the little hair ties - CHECK!  I made a frame and ribbon into a Hair Clip Organizer - CHECK!  And I found this idea for the final pieces to the puzzle - the BIG hair ties!
We actually have random carabiners laying around the house, so this was super easy.  I found one and sat down with my daughter.  I showed her how to put on the first couple, then she took over and put the rest on. 





















Verdict:
This is way more kid friendly to use than the ribbons/frame for the clips.  She keeps them all on there and it's easier to see everything that she has.  She has been asking me ever since we made it to find her another clip for her bracelets!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. I've been using book rings to do the same thing but have been unable to find any more of them. We have a ridiculous amount of pony tail holders in our house (some reusable, some one-time-use only ones). I have different rings to hold the different sizes and types of ponytail holders.

    I keep all our hair items in a plastic organizer that has a handle in the middle that I bought at the dollar store. It helps me keep organized and makes it easier for me to style Paige's hair each morning.

    Oh and a magnetic paper clip container is great for bobby pins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have that many hair items yet because her hair is so short, but we are slowly collecting more and more. I like the sounds of that container though! Sounds like something I need to find at our Dollar Store!

    ReplyDelete