Original Post: Saving Money Living Life
- Prepare rigatoni according to pkg directions.
- Spread oil on bottom of 11x17 in baking dish; add onion in a single layer. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or just until tender. Transfer onion to large bowl, set aside.
- Drain chopped spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- Stir in rigatoni, spinach, chicken, & next 4 ingredients into onion in bowl.
- Spoon mixture into dish & sprinkle evenly with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake covered at 375 for 30 minutes; uncover & bake 15 more minutes or until bubbly.
We love to eat spinach, chicken and pasta so to get all 3 ingredients in one dish is awesome. I followed the recipe completely this time (which is rare) except (OK, so not completely) I used cheddar cheese instead of mozza because that was what I had opened in the fridge.
We all loved the casserole but it took a little longer than I like my weekday suppers to take. I would save this for a Friday night (when I get off work early) or a weekend for sure.