Thursday, March 13, 2014

Technology Time

As our kids are getting older, there are so many more things that they can help with around the house. I am very grateful because both kids really enjoy helping out.  They also both really enjoy having some sort of technology time.  We don't give allowance in our home because we believe that we all live in this house and we all need to work together to keep it running smoothly.  I don't get paid to do the dishes, so why should anyone else?  As they get older and need money to buy things (not toys from the dollar store), we will give out an allowance, but we will cross that bridge when we get there.

So I came up with a list of chores (Pinterest has a LOT of great ideas) for different ages and typed it up so that I would have quick ideas, my husband would know what's going on and plus, our daughter is learning to read so she can read the list, too.  You can print the list if you wish, just scroll down to the bottom of this post!

Once the list was made, I created some technology punch cards (original idea here).  I created them myself because when I went to print, for some reason that link wasn't working.  It was quick and easy, but no fancy colours.  If you want to print some, they are also at the bottom of this post.

Now every time the kids do a chore, we highlight a number circle for them and they can save them or use them right away for time watching TV, playing on the iPad or playing a video game.  Each circle is worth 30 minutes and they are really starting to appreciate the time they get to spend with technology. 















No comments:

Post a Comment