Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Learning Fun

Literacy: Using playdough, a rolling pin and magnetic letters we practiced naming the letters in the alphabet.  This activity not only focuses on literacy, but on small motor as well because of the manipulating of the playdough.





Circle Time: I also wanted to share with you an update on the Circle Time Journals.  My son (who is almost 4) has a journal that is a little bit more advanced.  At the daycare, I have some two year olds that need a simpler page so I created an easier version of the journal.  This journal is more about choice and recognition that printing.  You can print this journal by clicking here.







Books Used This Week
I Wanna Iguanna by Karen Kaufman Orloff and David Catrow   
The Pigeon Wants a Puppy by Mo Willems 
Lost Cat by Roger Mader 
How Much Is That Doggie in the Window by Iza Trapani 
The Perfect Pet by Margie Palatini 
How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Dogs by Jane Hyatt Yolen and Mark Teague 
Pete the Cat: A Pet for Pete by James Dean 
The Berenstain Bears' Trouble with Pets by Stan Berenstain and Jan Berenstain 
I Can Be a Pet Vet by Mary Man-Kong and Jiyoung An 

No comments:

Post a Comment