Thursday, March 27, 2014

Cataloging Books

So how many KIDS books do you have in your house?  Do you know what they are?  Do you get frustrated in trying to find the right book when you are trying to teach something and then forget that you have that AWESOME book to help you out?  That's me.  It's easy enough to go to the library and find books that fit a theme, but before that step, I want to use what I have in my house . . . which apparently is 356 children's books.  That's not even all of them, because I didn't count my daughters princess books, nursery rhyme, poetry or chapter books.  I found this app to help me catalogue all of those books and I love how easy it was. 

You can scan the barcode (and for the most part, it works, there were some older books, books from book orders or books from the Dollar Store that didn't register) and up pops the picture, subject, title, information, author, etc.  I didn't like the subjects that it gave me, so I came up with new ones that were related to my teaching themes, but you don't have to do that if you don't want to. 

If the book doesn't register you have to take a picture and add the title and subject on your own, but that's minimal in comparison to all the time and energy this app will save you in the long run.

Hope this information has been helpful! 

Oh and best part, the app is FREE!

No comments:

Post a Comment