Original Post: Lick the Bowl Good
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using) ; whisk in the milk and egg.
- Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain, Mash and Mix in with the other ingredients
- Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping
Our weekly grocery budget NORMALLY is $20 or less. There are some weeks where things are on sale or we have coupons so we spend a little bit more and stock up the freezer, but for the most part, we only buy eggs, milk and fresh fruti and veggies plus a couple ingredients for a recipe. So this being said, this was one of the recipes where we had everything in the fridge already because we had made homemade pizza a couple days before.
My daughter could smell the muffins right away and stoof by the stove and watched them cook. Both the kids devoured the pizza muffins. Both kids ate 4 muffins before I cut them off.