Saturday, January 21, 2012

Baked Pasta

Original Post: Disney Family

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray
- Boil pasta two minutes less than normal and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix together the cream, crushed tomatoes, basil, 1 1/2 cups of Italian cheese blend, and gorgonzola cheese.





- Add cooked pasta to the cream and cheese mixture. Stir to combine. Pour into prepared casserole dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup of Italian cheese blend. Bake for 30 minutes, or until top is browned slightly and pasta is bubbling hot. Serve immediately

Our Story:
First, I didn't want to make that many servings.  We are going on holidays soon and the less food I can have in my fridge/freezer while we're gone, the better.  So I cut the recipe in half and only used 1 1/2 cups of pasta (rotini).  That definitely was not enough - next time I would use 2 or even 2 1/2 cups for half the recipe.

I used pasta sauce instead of crushed pasta and it came out very runny.  Maybe this was because I didn't have enough pasta.  I also did not add the gorgonzola cheese and used Marble Cheese for everything instead.  To me, cheese is cheese.  Cheese is also expensive so I'm not going to buy all different types of cheese.  Unless it's parm or feta of course.

Verdict:
The kids LOVED this and I WILL be making it again but with some changes to the ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment