Thursday, January 05, 2012

Bookmarks

Original Post: Altered to Perfection

Our Story:
So we are going on holidays in 8 days and I plan on taking a book with me to read.  I'm not a big reader, but I am part of a bookclub so that I can maybe get more into reading again (I use to LOVE reading as a kid).  Plus, bookclubs are a great social gathering - with ADULT conversation.  Not that I don't love the conversations that I have with my 1 and 4 year old, but come on . . .  Anyways.  I needed to make this bookmark because I honestly don't have one at my house and usually use flyers.  I'm ashamed.  I quickly put this together and I am very excited about how easy it was!  I just used a regular paper clip and some ribbon I had laying around, but it will work.





















Verdict:
This was my first bookmark, but it will NOT be my last!   I can't wait to make some more with colourful paper clips and some nicer ribbon.  I plan on putting them in stockings next Christmas and giving them away as little gifts here and there.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I made these, too! Yours turned out great. Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for a book club, I say!

    ReplyDelete