Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Rainy Days

Rainy Days!  For me it's a love-hate relationship.  I love the sound and the smell of the rain . . . but unfortunately I can't hear or smell it anymore because my children are screaming in my ears the entire day because they are bored.  Or they are fighting.  Or they are tired. 
My daughter woke up from nap first, so I got her out the playdough and all of the tools and let her create for a little while so mommy could get her head on straight before the wild man woke up.



I found this great list that has 101 ideas to keep the kids busy inside.  On this rainy day, I chose to do a manicure on my girl.  She's been bugging me for a while now to paint her nails, so we actually had time to sit down and do it.
 

 
We also did some cooking.  Ever made Monkey Munch?  Here's the recipe!
9 cups of Chex cereal (any kind)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups icing sugar

  • Put chex in a large bowl and put aside.
  • Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter into a microwavable bowl.
  • Stir the ingredients together.
  • Microwave the mixture uncovered for a minute on "high." Stir the mix again and continue to zap in thirty second intervals until it mixes smoothly.
  • Add the vanilla and stir.
  • Put everything into a 2-gallon, freezer bag.
  • Add icing sugar, seal the bag and shake until distributed.
  • Spread Monkey Munch out on wax paper to cool and dry.
  • Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for storage if it lasts that long . . .




What else did we do this Rainy Day?  We played some video games!  I'm not a video game player myself, and I much prefer the kids to be outside, but it's always fun to play some video games every now and again.  This was a garage sale find ($5) and the kids hadn't played with it yet.  My daughter caught on really quick and within 15 minutes was using the mouse like a pro!

No comments:

Post a Comment