My daughter woke up from nap first, so I got her out the playdough and all of the tools and let her create for a little while so mommy could get her head on straight before the wild man woke up.
I found this great list that has 101 ideas to keep the kids busy inside. On this rainy day, I chose to do a manicure on my girl. She's been bugging me for a while now to paint her nails, so we actually had time to sit down and do it.
We also did some cooking. Ever made Monkey Munch? Here's the recipe!
9 cups of Chex cereal (any kind)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Put chex in a large bowl and put aside.
- Place chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter into a microwavable bowl.
- Stir the ingredients together.
- Microwave the mixture uncovered for a minute on "high." Stir the mix again and continue to zap in thirty second intervals until it mixes smoothly.
- Add the vanilla and stir.
- Put everything into a 2-gallon, freezer bag.
- Add icing sugar, seal the bag and shake until distributed.
- Spread Monkey Munch out on wax paper to cool and dry.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for storage if it lasts that long . . .