Monday, July 23, 2012

French Toast Casserole

Yum!  I love French Toast Casserole, but I have never made it before.  After my first attempt, I was disappointed because there was not as much flavour as I had wanted.  So I tried a second time - I changed up a couple of the ingredients and it turned out WAY better and WAY more flavourful!  It does take a while to bake - so if you have hungry kids like I do you will either have to start before they wake up or feed them a little something and then have this for a "Brunch" type meal.

5 Cups of bread cubes
6 Eggs
1 1/2 cups of milk
1/4 cup syrup
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
2tbsp brown sugar
1 cup frozen fruit

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F Lightly grease an 9x13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, syrup and vanilla. Add the bread crumbs to the egg mixture and coat the bread CAREFULLY.
3. Pour the coated bread crumbs into the pan and the add the frozen fruit.  Mix it in gently.
3. Combine the brown sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Bake in preheated oven about 40 to 45 minutes, until top is golden.


No comments:

Post a Comment