Thursday, July 12, 2012

Movement Walk

The kids were fed and it was a beautiful day.  I didn't want to stay locked inside the house, so we chose an idea from the Summer Jar.  We had to be somewhere by 10am, and it was 8am, so we had to be quick.  We went for a walk to the park.  Quick, easy and painless.  On the walk there, I wanted to make it a little more interesting for them.  We live so close to the park (about 4 blocks) that neither kid needs a stroller anymore, so walking needs to be made exciting and interacting.  First I told them to walk slow.  Then fast.  Then my daughter suggested that we walk like horses (she actually gallops really well, and my son was trying to copy and learn at the same time).  My son then wanted to be a cow, so down on all fours they went.  They marched, skipped, swam, ran, jogged, walked and more.  Before we knew it, we were the park having a great time!



No comments:

Post a Comment