Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Name marshmallows and shape sorting

Fine motor and letter recognition project. I printed my sons name on a piece of thick paper and then he used white glue to draw over top of the letters in his name. Once the glue was on the letters, he carefully placed marshmallows along the glue lines.  Older children may be able to print their own names.




Gross motor shape sorting activity. Today we worked on sorting our shapes. I drew shapes using masking tape on the floor.  We then used foam shapes and he put the shapes in their corresponding tape shape on the floor.






Books We Use This Week

The "How Do Dinosaurs . . ." series by Jane Hyatt Yolan
Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs by Byron Barton
Drumheller Dinosaur Dance by Robert Heidbreder
Dinosaur Kisses by David Ezra Stein
I'm Sure I Saw a Dinosaur by Jeanne Willis





No comments:

Post a Comment