Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Daycare Hand Towels


Disclaimer: I AM NOT A SEWER, I HAVE NEVER BEEN A SEWER AND I DOUBT I EVER WILL BE A SEWER!

So with the daycare having a variety of little ones, with runny noses, dirty hands and many other kid germs - each child NEEDS to have there own hand towel.  Face clothes are used once and then thrown in the wash, but hand towels can be used at LEAST for one whole day, if not more.  Depending.

So I went to the Dollar Store and I bought many different coloured hand towels.  Each child will get a colour so that they always know which towel is theirs.  I also bought some simple ribbon.  I started (see the first one, not that you need help to distinguish) by sewing the ribbon onto the towel.  I was getting frustrated (to say the least) so my very patient husband suggested I just tie the ribbons onto the tags because tags are meant to stay on tight.  GREAT IDEA HONEY!  So yes, the ribbon may come undone in the washer . . . but it will be WAY easier to TIE another ribbon on then to SEW another ribbon on, because let's be honest.  The sewn ribbon is going to come off too eventually, because I SUCK at sewing!




My horrible sew job.




Ahhh, that's better!




Just a simple knot.


And the finished product.  The kids have been using it really well.  Even the two year olds are able to recognize their colour and use ONLY their hand towel to stop the spread of unwanted germs!













No comments:

Post a Comment