Friday, September 21, 2012

Taco Cupcakes

Here's the original recipe.  It looks yummy, doesn't it?  That's what a thought, too!  And it was.  It was VERY delicious.  We all really enjoyed them except my daughter because they were too "spicy".  Would I make them again?  Nope.  Not in a million years!  They took WAY too long to prepare and I just don't have time for them.  Would I make them for a get together or a potluck?  Maybe.  It would depend on how much time I had before the event because they were very good, I just wouldn't waste that kind of time JUST for the kids and my husband. 

Ingredients:
1/2 lb learn ground beef
taco seasoning to taste
3/4 cup canned black beans (they were sold out when I went shopping so we used zucchini for our veggie)
16 wonton wrappers
5 tbsp queso dip
1 cup chunky salsa
1 cup shredded cheese

Step by Step

1. Heat the oven to 375F and lightly mist 8 cups in the tin (or more if you use more meat in the recipe, like I did)

2. Add the ground beef and taco seasoning to a pan and cook until the meat is brown.  Once the meat is brown throughout, add the beans (or in my case, the zucchini) and continue to cook, stirring occassionaly.


3. Push a wonton wrapper into each of the muffins cups and then add a tsp of queso dip into each wrapper.


4. Next add the a couple tablespoons of the meat mixture on top of the queso dip.  Put on the next wonton wrapper and tuck it in like a pie crust.


5. On top of that wonton wrapper add the salsa and cheese.


6. Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown


I did the building part a little bit different because I was unsure of how much room I was going to have.  Also, once they were cooked, I pulled them out and they lost all of the insides.  It basically was an empty shell and then I used a spoon to scoop out all of the meat and add it to our plates.  Like I said, they were delicious, but not worth the time that I spent in the kitchen that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment