Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer Jar



So if you've been following for a while, you'll remember the I'm Bored Jar Project that I made for the kids a while back.  I also really enjoyed this project for the summer that I found on Pinterest.  So made another jar!


The first thing I did was go through the "I'm Bored Jar" and I took out all the activities that would only work in the summer.  The next thing I did was find "100 Things to do with your kids this summer" websites (from Pinterest and Google) and wrote down ideas that I loved!  And lastly, I went through the Pins that I already had on Pinterest and wrote down those activities as well!  PLUS this list does NOT include our family vacations and planned trips in our community (Art Festivals, Cultural Festivals, Music Festivals, Canada Day and of course the Fair)
Here is our bucket list for the summer!  What's on your bucket list?
  • Play with sidewalk chalk
  • Homemade sprinkler (Pinterest)
  • Ice Cube Treasures (Pinterest)
  • Night walk with flashlights
  • Farmers Market Trip
  • Make and Eat Ice Cream Sundaes
  • Sidewalk Painting (Pinterest)
  • Feed the ducks
  • Run through the sprinklers
  • Have a picnic
  • Blow Bubbles
  • Make a pet rock
  • Make Your own watering can (Pinterest)
  • Jump rope for 20 minutes
  • Play Frisbee
  • Make and eat a popsicle
  • Ice Cube watercolour (Pinterest)
  • Plant something in a lemon (Pinterest)
  • Bike Painting (Pinterest)
  • Go to the park
  • Go to a spraypark
  • Go on a park scavenger hunt (Pinterest)
  • Play hopscotch
  • Lay on the grass and look at the clouds
  • Take a trip to a Nature Preserve
  • Fly a Kite
  • Visit the Bird Sanctuary
  • Water Balloon fight
  • Learn how to play soccer/baseball/basketball
  • Learn how to rollerskate

No comments:

Post a Comment