Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Broccoli Salad

Mmmm!  I had this salad first at Easter with my family.  An auntie brought it and I got her to write out the recipe for me.  Then when I was writing down recipes for my Menu Board, I came across pretty much the same recipe from one of my Pins.  So I combined both of those recipes and I created something that was a little bit more of my own.  I served it at a family BBQ that we had a couple weeks ago and it got RAVE reviews!



Here's my recipe for Broccoli Salad!

Broccoli - 1/2 head
Cauliflower - 1/2 head
Crumbled Bacon - 1/4 cup
Red Onion - 1/4 cup (even if you don't like red onions - put this in, because I don't like onions but this made the salad!)
Cranberries - 1/3 cup

Roasted Garlic and Chili Aioli - 3/4 cup (Mayonaise will also work)
White Vinegar - 2tbsp
Honey -  2tsp
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix together the first 5 ingredients.  The measurements that I gave are a guideline.  If you like more of one thing and less of another, then do it that way.  In a SEPARATE bowl, mix together the next 5 ingredients.  If you are using a flavoured mayo/sandwich spread, you won't need the salt and pepper.  Mix well with a whisk.  Once the liquids are mixed well, pour them onto the broccoli/cauliflower mixture and serve right away.  If you wanted to/have them on hand you can add sunflower seeds right before you serve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment