Monday, November 19, 2012

Stacking Cups and Bowls

We have lots of blocks in our house, but the children get bored of playing with the same blocks every day.  Learning how to build a tower is a very important part of learning.  It teachers math, science and of course, fine motor.  I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought of how much the kids would love this activity!  One day after school while I was making supper, I gave the kids all of our plastic bowls, plates and cups.  All I said was, "Here, what can you do with these?" and the first (and only) thing that they did was build.
My son (2) mostly just stacked his blocks in piles (sorting).





My daughter (4) made some really elaborate structures with her plates and cups.  She would get really high and my son would watch her with amazement.  This was a really fun activity and the kids have been begging me to let them do it again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment