Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cheesy Vegetable Soup

Mmmm, this soup looked amazing!  Especially since Fall is here and everything.  I LOVE homemade soup, but I am not the greatest cook, so I was REALLY hoping that I could pull this recipe off.  I read the other comments from the blog to turn this meal into a slowcooker-friendly meal so that it would be easier to make when I got home from work with the kids.

Here are the ingredients that I used:
1 cup carrots
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup chopped cauliflower
4 cups chicken broth
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
1tbsp flour
1tbsp cooking oil
2/3 cup milk
2 cups shredded marble cheese
Oregano
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
 
Step By Step:
1. Put the first 6 ingredients into the slow cooker.  Set it to 6-8 hours on low.
2. Because I needed more control over temperature when I got home, I poured the soup base into a large pot and placed it on the stove, bringing it to a boil.
3. Mix the flour and the oil together in a seperate bowl and once the soup base boils, add the rue and then turn down the heat and let the soup simmer until it starts to thicken.
4. Once the soup has thickened, add the milk, cheese and spices (you may want to switch up the spices that you use, I just put in a little of each and then tasted as I went).




 

No comments:

Post a Comment