Friday, April 04, 2014

Ham and Cheese Quiche

I'm sure this is also true in your home, but I often find that when I make something new and call it by it's real name (a good example being quiche), my kids are really quick to say "I don't LIKE that!".  But if I get creative and call it something that they are familiar with (for example, Egg Pie), they are SO excited and gobble it ALL up.   This was a HUGE hit!


Ingredients:

1 cup diced ham (precooked) - great to use up leftovers!
1 cup cheese (split in half)
4 eggs
1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli and/or cauliflower
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cups milk

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.  Lightly grease a 9 inch pan.
  2. Sprinkle in half of the cheese, ham and veggies all over the bottom of the pan.
  3. In another bowl, combine the eggs and milk and whisk well.  Then add the flour and whisk REALLY well.  Once this mixture is smooth, pour it into the pan.
  4. Sprinkle the other half of the cheese on top and bake for 35 minutes or until set.




No comments:

Post a Comment