Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Travel BINGO

We took a vacation a couple of weeks ago and had to be in the car for 10 hours (5 each way) and that's a LONG time for a four year old.  However, now that she is a little bit older, she is understanding more how to play games like BINGO and I Spy, so I wanted to take advantage of that.  I found some great ideas on Pinterest (teaching with tlc, a pretty life in the suburbs, brandys crafts, lady bird ln, but I wanted to make some BINGO cards that would be my very own.  I used all of the ideas from these links and made some fun games that my girl LOVED!

The first thing that I did was head to the Dollar Store and I bought a cookie sheet and a couple packs of magnets for each of the kids.  I love the magnet idea because then pieces don't get lost.  Next, I created BINGO cards.  I made quite a few, and you can download and print them for your next trip as well!  If you want to make your own cards, just head to Google Images and type in "___ clipart".  You'll find lots of images to use.  I made . . .
Car Colour BINGO
1-10 I Spy
Number BINGO
Alphabet BINGO
Travel BINGO
Transportation BINGO
When she saw something or finished counting in the I Spy game, she used a magnet as the BINGO piece and when she finished the whole card we had a "mini party" in the car!  Sometimes we stopped and stretched our legs, if we were close to a gas station we got out and got some 5 cent candies or we just put on some awesome music and danced crazy!  She was always excited to see what kind of "prize" she would win!

No comments:

Post a Comment