Going to the park in the summer is something that all families do at LEAST once or twice. Parks are everywhere. It's a great way to meet up with friends, meet new people and let the kids waste some energy (after some crazy ice cream sundaes perhaps . . .) But what do the kids LEARN at the park? Well, let me tell you . . .
- How to play with other children in small groups or pairs
- How to exclude/include children that they don't/do want to play with. This sounds harsh, but if someone is being mean, not sharing, children WILL exclude them from play and to learn how to do it NICELY or CHANGE the situation is an important life skill.
- How to protect younger siblings/children
- Respecting the property of others
- Jumping from heights
- Climbing fences
- Muscular endurance when mastering the monkey bars